I don’t usually post recipes but this one has been asked for a few times so I thought I would share. This is not a recipe site though, so I don’t have an easy print button for you. Luckily, this recipe is easy to remember.
This recipe has become my go-to dessert when I need something quick. It might be because I’ve been invited somewhere at the last minute or just found out company is on the way. The recipe can be easily doubled.
If you object to anything made in a microwave, stop reading now. This is pretty much the only thing I “cook” in a microwave.
- 4 medium tart apples – I use Granny Smith apples – peeled, cored, and thinly sliced.
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 tbs flour
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1-2 tbs of maple syrup (optional and to taste)
- 2/3 cup of old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbs cold butter.
- Toss the apples with the flour, sugar, lemon juice, and cinnamon and put in a greased 9″ pie plate or baking pan. Drizzle with the maple syrup.
- In a separate bowl, mix the oats, flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Cut in the cold butter until the mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle the topping over the apples evenly and cover with wax paper.
- Microwave on high for 6 or 7 minutes, until the apples are soft. Each microwave is different so find what works for yours.
That’s all there is to it. Serve with whatever you want. Enjoy.